Contractors providing goods and services to schools have health and safety responsibilities which cannot be passed on from one party to another. The extent of the responsibilities of each party will depend on the circumstances. Schools must take reasonable steps to ensure adequate health and safety arrangements are in place when contracting activities. The risks associated with contracted activities must be identified, assessed and monitored on a risk basis.
Use the documentation on this page at contract specification and set up (the Risk Rating tool); contractor selection (contractor pre-qualification sample questions); and contract monitoring (see monitoring methods detailed in the Procurement and Contract Management Compliance Code).
Also in this Section
- Curriculum codes of practice
- E-learning (Health, Safety and Wellbeing)
- Food safety
- General risk assessment
- Incidents and emergencies
- Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Service (IPRS)
- Norfolk Support Line
- Premises and work environments
- Responsibilities and organisation
- Wellbeing and worklife support
- Work activities
- Work equipment